Prepping Your Skin for Fall
The transition from summer to fall means a lot of things – back to school preparation, pulling out the sweaters you stashed in your closet, and the beginning of the holiday season. Changes in weather also calls for a skincare routine shift. If your skincare routine isn’t working the magic it did in July, we have you covered with your ultimate guide to fall skincare.
What happens to our skin in the fall?
During the summer the higher temperatures and the unusual humidity Santa Barbara experienced this summer can leave your skin feeling more naturally moisturized.
But as the seasons change, cooler air with lower-humidity saps your skin of the hydration it needs to stay soft and glowing. What results is dull, flaky, or cracked skin, and that’s no fun for anyone!
What can you do to keep your skin healthy and glowing?
- Though it can be tempting, using hot water can wick valuable moisture away from your skin, so try to stay away from hot showers and face washes. Use lukewarm water whenever possible.
- Summertime heat begs for light moisturizers with SPF, but come autumn, try switching to a more heavy-duty version – but keep using one with SPF! Apply this morning and at night for best results.
- Keep your summer time glow in the fall with a spray tan! You don’t have to say bye-bye to your color once the weather cools. Spray tans are the perfect option for getting a bronzed look in the fall.
- Have you heard of facial oil? It was the last thing we were thinking about in the summer, but during the fall it might be just what your skin needs for an extra boost. Smooth facial oil on prior to applying your moisturizer or mix the two products together.
- Schedule a Vitamin C facial to speed up cellular turnover, or a custom facial using our Babor products that complement any skin care needs. Not only will decreased stress and increased blood flow keep your skin glowing, but each of these facials will target your personal trouble spots.We especially love our fall facial specials this year, which provide benefits from anti-aging, exfoliation, toning, and hydration!
- At the end of the day, remove your makeup with care. Keep an eye out for alcohol-based makeup removers that leave your skin sapped and acne-prone. Instead, try a natural oil-based remover.
- Finally, consider a once-a-week face mask, and check for keywords like hydrating and moisturizing. Cooling masks will also do wonders to relieve the redness caused by dry skin.